Tasty Spring Sandwiches
It’s time to wake up your taste buds after a long winter of heavy, “same-old” sandwiches. Spring for these healthy sandwich recipes instead, featuring garden-fresh vegetables and tasty ingredients like chicken, ranch vinaigrette, parmesan cheese and herbed foccacia bread. Yum!
- Asian Turkey Meatball Wraps These amazing Asian wraps are tasty and fun to eat, too. Kids love these gingery ground turkey meatballs, spooned into lettuce leaves with rice and veggies, then dipped into a tangy sweet and sour sauce.
- Best Ever Veggie Sandwich These open-faced English muffin melts boast a medley of vegetables, including avocado, alfalfa sprouts, tomato and sweet onion, a ranch-style vinaigrette and melted Cheddar cheese, to a veggie lover's delight.
- Broiled Tomato Sandwiches Fresh, ripe tomatoes, marinated in olive oil and balsamic vinegar and broiled on toast with zesty Parmesan, is a tasty Italian twist on traditional grilled cheese sandwiches. Use crusty Italian bread or herbed focaccia for more authentic flavors.
- California Veggie Wrap You don't have to be vegetarian to enjoy the wholesome goodness of this wrap. These tasty tortillas, stuffed with cream cheese, Cheddar, veggies and avocado, will win over even the most committed carnivore.
- Croque Monsieur Originating in Parisian cafes and French bistros, this grilled ham and Swiss, dressed with Dijon mustard, mayo and eggs, makes a favorite sandwich for brown bag lunches and light suppers.
- Gourmet Chicken Sandwich This satisfying bistro-style sandwich will take you out of a lunch rut. It combines seasoned chicken with sweet Dijon mustard and rosemary on herbed foccacia. The chicken and spread can be prepared in advance.
- Italian Turkey Wrap Looking to break out of your sandwich rut? This yummy tortilla wrap, stuffed with deli turkey or leftover roast turkey, tomato, spinach, provolone and Parmesan, makes a tasty alternative for your brown bag.
- Thai Chicken Salad Wrap Lunch is a wrap with this wonderful way to serve up tasty tortillas. Tender chicken breast, crunchy coleslaw, chopped peanuts and a sweet and savory dressing make the most of your midday meal with these yummy wraps.
- Veggie Bagels A tasty alternative for your brown bag lunch, this nutritious sandwich, piled high with cucumber, lettuce, tomato, sprouts and sweet onion, is a great way to get your serving of vegetables.
Talk about food and recipe ideas in our Message Boards