Delightful Spring Desserts
Spring sweets call for fresh, seasonal fruit, light-as-air cakes and sugary crumbles – and these recipes deliver! Bake up a Blueberry Lemon Loaf for your mom’s group or teach your kids about “nature” with Gummi-Worm Cupcakes. Whatever you whip up, you’re bound to win a smile.
- Applesauce Squares Moist and chewy, these sweet snacking squares are made from applesauce, brown sugar and spices and bake up beautifully for school bake sales, team fundraisers, church bazaars and tasty lunchbox treats.
- Blueberry Lemon Loaf Light and lemony, this delicious loaf makes the perfect companion to a tall glass of iced tea or a steaming mug of tea. Use fresh blueberries when they're in season, or frozen ones anytime of year.
- Caterpillar Cake Bring the outdoors in with a critter cake the kids will love to decorate. Let little imaginations run wild with licorice whips for antennas and gumdrops for spots, and nestle your Caterpillar Cake in green-tinted coconut grass.
- Fabulous Fruit Crumble Use fresh fruit in season or frozen fruit anytime of year. Either way, there are few desserts more fabulous than fruit crumble, served warm from the oven with ice cream or whipped cream. Double the crumble topping recipe, if you like, and freeze half for another time.
- Fruit Cocktail Cake This light and refreshing cake maximizes the medley of flavors found in fruit cocktail for a dessert that's simply delightful. A dollop of whipped cream adds a lovely finishing touch.
- Gummi Worm Cupcakes Kids just love digging into these decadent chocolate cupcakes, oozing with chocolate frosting and gummi worms.
- Mini Cheesecakes These darling desserts, wonderful topped with fresh fruit, glaze or jelly for entertaining, can be frozen and thawed quickly for drop-in guests. This recipe makes six miniature cheesecakes in muffin cups.
- Quick and Easy Lemon Pie Splendid for days when you don't want to turn on the oven, this luscious lemon pie whips up in minutes from simple pantry staples and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Soccer Ball Cake You'll win over the home-team fans with this super soccer ball cake. Made with licorice whips and a dash of creative genius, this cake scores big points for birthday parties or team celebrations.
- Spiced Fairy Cakes They're the stuff of childhood memories, and just one taste can transport you back in time. But this oh-so-simple recipe can be dressed up for grownups with a topping of powdered sugar and cumin, lemon and orange glaze or chocolate ganache.
Talk about food and recipe ideas in our Message Boards