Sound Shaker Instrument with Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
Create rhythmic sounds and some musical magic with this fun and entertaining craft activity. With the Sound Shaker Instrument with KelloggÂ’sÂ® Rice KrispiesÂ®, kids explore the sounds of Snap! Crackle! and
Children should have adult supervision while creating this project.
- One cardboard paper towel roll
- Clear packing tape, or colorful craft tape
- 8.5Â” x 11Â” sheet of construction paper
- Decorating materials like:
- Paper cutouts, crayons, markers, puffy paint, glitter glue, pompoms
- KelloggÂ’sÂ® Rice KrispiesÂ® cereal
- Decorate a sheet of construction paper with your own creative design. Wrap around the paper towel tube and secure with tape or glue.
- On another piece of construction paper or thin cardboard, trace a circle around the open end of the paper towel tube, twice. Ask an adult to cut around these circles to make the end caps of your Sound Shaker.
- Securely tape a circle onto one end of the paper towel roll.
- Fill tube about halfway with KelloggÂ’sÂ® Rice KrispiesÂ®. Securely tape the second paper circle into place to cover the open end of the Sound Shaker.
- Shake it up! Kids can shake along to the rhythm of their favorite music, or make up their own songs to shake to, with their new Sound Shaker!